Hellotittie is a women empowerment brand that loves giving back to Breast Cancer. It's important young millennials are aware of what breast cancer is and knowing their status. It's very common in women and very rare in men, with only about 2,190 diagnoses each year. We decided to put on an art show with a six artists; either someone from their family or a friend has breast cancer or had breast cancer and they expressed it in their artwork. Below you will find a recap from our event.
One piece of artwork from each artist that participated in the 'Paint it Pink' for Breast Cancer Awareness can be seen below.
Facts about Breast Cancer in the US
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 252,710 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,500 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 460 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.