The Importance of Educating Girls
The educating of young girls is the surest way to offer women empowerment. In the past, a young girl’s education was considered unnecessary and limited. As time passed, more emphasis has been placed on the importance of educating girls. With women dominating the world population, the demand to promote increased literacy that ensures development in the country is crucial. There are several advantages associated with educating girls including:
1. A young girls’ education helps overcome extreme poverty. It impacts skills and knowledge that permits a woman to venture off to the workface, receiving an income that’ll grant them a happy and settled life.
2. Young girls’ education dramatically reduces early marriages. Education is a prolonged and extensive process with several levels to complete. The time spent learning improves a child's’ future and often results in late marriages.
3. A girl’s education determines the demographic factors. Such demographic factors are composed of maternal mortality rates, infant mortality rates, and fertility rates. Educated girls tend to regulate the amount of kids they have and they are aware of health care, reducing the mortality rate.
4. A woman’s education grants a healthy/happier marriage. Abusive relationships rarely exist in families of educated women. Educated women typically don’t experience domestic violence and protect their children from the same.
5. Increases the involvement in societal services. An educated woman participates in important societal roles such as politicians, teachers, lawyers, etc. Education further enables a woman to partake in critical decision-making within society, which in turn raises the economic growth of the nation.
6. An educated woman encourages education for her children. An educated woman would aim to educate both her male and female children, alike.
7. Basic education provides a platform for family planning and fights against deadly diseases. A woman’s education offers the basic reproductive health education, which empowers knowledge on cultural values such as family planning, and the control against diseases such as HIV/AIDS.
Education opportunities, particularly for young girls, correlate directly to professional woman and careers. It’s the only effective way to solving the social demographic problems, especially, population control and domestic violence. Overall, girls deserve equal education rights without any discrimination since they will play a vital role in political, social, and economic spheres.