How To Make Your Own Makeup
Today I will be discussing something fun. I’m going to tell you about D.I.Y. makeup. No not that questionable D.I.Y. makeup using crayons and stuff, but legit D.I.Y. You might be thinking but why make our own makeup when we can just buy makeup. Well for two reasons: 1. It can be something fun to do with some friends and 2. With D.I.Y. makeup you know what ingredients are in it so there is no question on what you are putting on your face. Today I will be telling you how to make lipstick, eyeliner and mascara.
● 1 tablespoon coconut oil
● 1 tablespoon Shea butter or cocoa butter
● 1 tablespoon organic beeswax pastilles
● ½ tsp mica red powder color (you can use any color you like)
● 1/4 tsp mica cold powder color
● 15 drops citrus fresh essential oil
● 5 drops carrot seed essential oil
1. Melt coconut oil, Shea or cocoa butter and beeswax in a double boiler.
Remove from heat.
2. Let it cool for ONE minute.
3. Stir in Mica Powder and essential oils .
4. Stir and mix with the end of a spoon and let it harden for a few seconds. Test the color and scent with your finger or on the skin of your wrist to make sure you like it. You can always add more color if you like.
5. Use a glass dropper to quickly transfer the mixture to a lip gloss containers.
Let cool for 1 hour. Cap and use as needed
● 1 tsp coconut oil
● 1 tsp shea butter
● 1 1/2 tsp beeswax
● 2 tsp jojoba oil
● 2 capsules activated charcoal
● 2 drops Vitamin E oil
Melt the first 4 ingredients in a double boiler
When it’s melted remove from heat and add the charcoal and Vitamin E
Then, pour into a plastic bag and cool enough to touch
Cut small corner off plastic bag and use it like a cake decorator to pipe it into the empty mascara tube
Now use your mascara as you would any other mascara
● 2 teaspoons
● 4 teaspoons
● 1 – 2 capsules of activated charcoal (for black) OR ½ tsp cocoa powder(for brown)
Thoroughly mix all ingredients.
Store in an airtight container.
Store this in a dark and cool place. Use a clean brush to so you don’t introduce any bacteria to the mixture.