Five Healthy Food Substitutions To Help You Stick To That New Year’s Diet
Sticking to those New Year’s resolution diets always start out strong and tend to taper off as the new year gets into full swing. Cooking is hard enough as it is, trying to make healthy meals on top of that can sometimes seem impossible! Here are five simple substitutions that can help keep you on track and still taste great!
1. When cooking with oil replace regular vegetable oil in your meals with coconut oil! The fats in coconut oil have been shown to help support weight loss and will not compromise your recipe’s taste!
2. For dips and snacks, replaces sour cream with greek yogurt. With half the calories and three times the protein, it’s a win-win snack to keep around!
3. When baking, replace your regular white flour with coconut flour. It has fewer carbs and eleven times more fiber than every day flour!
4. Switch out your everyday potato chips with dried fruit chips such as banana chips or apple. They provide the fruit and vegetable servings we are all probably slacking on and still give you that crunch you crave.
5. Switch our iceberg lettuce in your salads and on sandwiches with leafy spinach. Spinach is filled with many of the vitamins your body needs while also being more filling than the iceberg lettuce that does not hold much of its own nutrition.
These simple food swaps will help you to stick to those resolutions in an easy, realistic way without compromising the foods you already love to eat! If you have other healthy substitutions you’d like to share, we would love to hear them and maybe even try them out ourselves!