7 Interesting Ways To Use Tea Tree Oil
Known for its antiseptic, Tea tree oil has been examined in several clinical studies and scientist have found the essential oil to be antimicrobial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory, according to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Not only is the oil great for medical use, but also its natural extract packs a powerful punch for household applications.
1. Clear up dandruff. The oil is a natural way to refresh your scalp and combat infections, fungus, and bacteria. Adding 10 drops of the oil to an 8 oz. bottle of shampoo will do the trick.
2. Refresh your clothing. If you add 3 drops of oil in your laundry detergent, you can remove bad odors caused by microbial accumulation in your washing machine.
3. Purify the air. Place a few drops in an oil diffuser to naturally deodorize and disinfect the air. The oil naturally removes bacteria, viruses, mold and other germs from your home’s atmosphere. Equally important, tea tree oil can aid cancer patients by reducing anxiety and improving sleep.
4. Make a multi-purpose cleaning spray. Add 10 drops to 2 cups of hot water, plus a half-cup of white vinegar, and you’ve got a general disinfectant spray.
5. Clear up sinus infections. Put a couple of drops in a bowl of steaming hot water and drape a towel over your head as you lean over the bowl. Breathe in the steam for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Disinfect yoga mats and other exercise equipment. Create your own antibacterial spray using tea tree and eucalyptus oils, witch hazel and water.
7. Fight acne. After washing your face, dab a drop of oil on trouble spots to clear them up. Tea tree oil helps fight the bacteria that causes acne.