Do You Stand With Planned Parenthood?
For over 100 years Planned Parenthood has provided women with the resources/care they need to live strong and healthy lives globally.
In light of the impending decision to defund Planned Parenthood, protesters for and against took to the streets all across America. Anti-choice protesters were expected at more than 200 locations across the states. In response, 150 pro-choice rallies popped up in parks, politicians’ offices, and government buildings--outnumbering the original anti-choice demonstration. Along with these powerful protest, dozen of companies have responded by openly funding clinics.
In Los Angeles bakeries opened up stands with the banner “Bake America Great Again” as they sold lemonade, cookies, donuts, brownies and other sweets. Participating businesses include Butter Cake Shoppe, Sugar Craft LA, Art of Caramel, Joy & Sweets, Butter & Flour, and many more.
It’s crucial to support the funding of Planned Parenthood since they’ve been one of the leading clinics for women’s health with over 600 sights throughout the world. Here’s how you can make a contribution to support the cause.
1. You can donate directly to Planned Parenthood or volunteer by visiting their website: plannedparenthood.org.
2. Shop at companies that fund Planned Parenthood such as: Macy’s, Avon, Bath & Body Works, Groupon, Nike, and Starbucks (to name a few).
3. Contact Mike Pence directly by calling, writing a letter or tweeting him stating that you don’t support limiting the access of healthcare for millions.
4. Schedule an appointment to keep the clinics running.
5. Take the pledge to become a clinic defender and ensure that healthcare remains a safe and welcoming space for patients.
6. Show up to rallies and protest. Sign up for Planned Parenthood’s email blast for future events.
7. Most importantly, spread the word and rally supporters!
If you support women’s health and believe in equal health care please join the fight to protect Planned Parenthood today!